I was always a good student. I suppose it helped that I earned $2 for every “A” on my report card, but in truth, I really did like to see proof of my hard work. My brother, on the other hand, didn’t give a whit about school, so on the day he brought home a report card with three F’s on it – he literally buried it in the backyard and said he lost it on the way home. My mother told him to just ask the teacher for a copy, and let it go. Just about the time the after-dinner dessert was being served the dog came in through the doggie door with the dirty report card dangling from his mouth, and presented it like it was a prized bone. All these years later, I think my brother is still in time-out.
The truth is that without a report card; without accurate data to analyze, sales navigates wearing a blindfold. That means lost revenue, wasted time and slower company growth. There are two important things that data collection does to help increase revenue.
- Collected data can be used to create reports that organize and summarize data, allowing for evaluation and enhancement of the sales process.
- It provides statistics for sales analysis so that the data can be studied to gleam insight into improving business performance.
The Question Is…
Do you sell yourself short by skipping activity documentation; do you bury the proof of your achievements, or do you do your part to help grow your company?
Common Reasons Documentation is often Skipped
- The pressure to make more calls, have more conversations, and close more deals creates the urge to rush onto the next call, in lieu of taking time to document activity.
- The documentation process is too complex and time consuming.
The fact is both of the common reasons documentation is sometimes skipped are valid concerns because time does matter, but so does the ability to have accurate statistics.
What if you could send a follow-up email; leave a voicemail; make yourself a note; schedule your Next Step – and have it all documented in icons on an Activity Timeline – in about a minute and a half? Would it be worth it to you? Would it be worth it to your company? What would you have to have to accomplish that?
- Simplified Process all on one page
- Prepared Email Messages
- Prepared Voicemail Scripts
- Convenient Note Field
- An Intuitive Calendar that efficiently schedules your Next Step
- An automatically updating Activity Timeline that clearly shows what has already been done.
ShadeTree Technology’s Incite2 – a Salesforce add-on makes that and so much more possible. Minimal mouse licks completes your tasks, and because everything you need is all on one efficient page you get to save time and increase revenue with a lot less work.
Salespeople today face a frustrating dilemma: There are too many balls to keep in the air and only so many hours a day to be making calls. A single meeting might cut into the time needed for 10 outbound calls. The prep time before a call to a C-level exec might eat up an hour or more. Fumbling through Salesforce to find the best target to call next can waste precious minutes.
Incite2 is a tool that enables sales professionals to truly have all the information they need at their fingertips in order to deliver information to a more qualified, targeted audience at up to 40% faster speeds. So while it can’t create more time in a day, it can make your time more productive and profitable. Read more
Lay the foundation for better sales performance in 2011 by taking the Incite2 Challenge.
The Basics – Incite2 90-Minute Challenge Details
Incite 2 is a plug-in for salesforce.com that helps your sales professionals:
- Make More Calls
- Have Better Conversations
- Know Who To Call
More calls equals more qualified leads, equaling more revenues. Read more
Let’s face it, most sales and marketing databases are a mess. Salespeople struggle to make sense of thousands of leads and contacts assigned to them or their territory.
This impacts the salesperson most intensely when it comes to figuring out who they should call to be most productive in generating new business.
Potential leads originate from lots of places:
- New leads
- Recent campaigns, newsletters, emails
- Scheduled tasks and activities
- Web site traffic and download activity reports
- Key accounts that are being focused on for new business
- Current installed base / customers for upsell and cross-sell opportunities